Managed Email Security
Mimecast delivers Software-as-a-Service based enterprise email management including archiving, discovery, continuity, security and policy. By unifying disparate and fragmented email environments into one holistic service that is always available from the cloud, Mimecast minimises risk and reduces cost and complexity, while providing total end-to-end control of email.
Mimecast Advanced Security is a set of cloud services that help organisations defend against advanced email-borne threats. The Mimecast services defend against email-borne impersonation attempts, malicious URLs and malware attachments, threats that are internal to the organisation, as well as spam and viruses.
Defense in depth protection is essential in the cloud, just as it was on-premise. Mimecast’s extensive threat intelligence network and blended security technologies deliver an enhanced security posture to make Office 365 safer for your business. relying on Microsoft security alone gives attackers just one lock to pick and increases your exposure to attack.
Mimecast Advanced Security Features
- Multi-layered malware protection against known and new threats
- URL re-writing of all links in emails, with on-click scans to protect users from malicious URLs
- Scans for and blocks malicious URLs in email attachments
- Pre-emptive attachment sandboxing to protect against weaponized attachments
- Attachment safe file conversion, strips out active code to remove macro threats
- Protect against social engineering and impersonation attacks with sophisticated protection
- Provides security inspections for inbound, outbound, and internal emails
- Comprehensive connection-based and content-based spam and phishing protection