PowerPoint is Microsoft’s slideshow and presentation tool. It makes it easy to share and effectively communicate information, using engaging text, music, and visuals to improve understanding.
If your business has a need to create new ideas, share them with others, and keep those ideas safe and secure, PowerPoint can help. Launched in 1990, PowerPoint comes as part of any Microsoft 365 business subscription. It can help organisations transform raw concepts into powerful stories.
The power of storytelling
Storytelling has become a hot topic in the business world today. With research showing that humans are episodic learners – we learn through experiences – the ability for businesses to turn data into stories is a valuable asset. PowerPoint is the solution that will help you to achieve exactly that.
PowerPoint is Microsoft’s slideshow and presentation tool. It makes it easy to share and effectively communicate information, using engaging text, music, and visuals to improve understanding. When information is shared in this easy-to-absorb way, it’s more likely to be remembered and recalled.
PowerPoint can be used to create all sorts of business presentations, such as…
- Onboarding documents
- Staff training information
- Investor presentations
- Sales and marketing data
- Internal information display boards
- Annual reports
Collaborate, design, present
PowerPoint sets out to do three things:
- Help teams collaborate
- Help businesses design slideshows
- Help organisations present their ideas to others
Understanding how the software works to tick these three boxes is key to ensuring you’re getting the most from your tech investment.
- Collaborate: PowerPoint allows multiple people to work on the same PowerPoint presentation, at the same time, through its co-authoring feature. You’re able to see who’s working on a slideshow with you, where they are in the presentation, and what changes they’re making. Presentations can also be saved to other Microsoft 365 tools like OneDrive or SharePoint for real-time collaboration.
- Design: There are three ways to design with PowerPoint. Firstly, by getting your own creative juices flowing, and building your own slideshow using text, visuals, and even 3D models. Secondly, by using the pre-built PowerPoint templates that are available in 40+ categories. Thirdly, by utilising the PowerPoint Designer feature, which generates design ideas based on your subject matter and aims.
- Present: PowerPoint features a built-in ‘Speaker Coach’ to help you practice your presentation before the big event. And, if you need to present remotely, you can use the Live Presentations function. This provides captions to your speech, and even allows for viewers to give feedback in real time. You can also choose to present through another Microsoft 365 product – Teams – by screen sharing.
Are you getting the most from Microsoft 365?
It’s clear to see that PowerPoint is a hugely valuable tool. It’s helping businesses to communicate their data, information, and ideas in more creative, more accessible, and more understandable ways.
If you’re not already using PowerPoint in the workplace, then you’re not getting the most value out of your Microsoft 365 subscription. Unsure how to get started? We’re here to help. As Microsoft 365 experts, we can help you implement and integrate this powerful solution into your organisation, and optimise your processes to produce impressive results. Ready to embrace storytelling? Give us a call!